Aerodynamicist (Aerodynamics Engineer)
Our Mission - to fly to space twice in a day.
This is a substantial, complex project and we are looking for someone with strong technical experience and a practical, can-do attitude. This role has huge potential for growth, as the team will need to expand significantly to be able to undertake the next step in the evolution of our spaceplane, the MkIII. The right person will be well placed to help develop the team and technical capabilities required to undertake a project of this scale.
What you will do:
- Aerodynamic design, analysis and testing
- Create and communicate reports, test plans and other documents
- Work closely with the GNC team to verify flight trajectory, mission and vehicle design
- Work closely with the Airframe team to provide design loads and ensure aerodynamic constraints are met
- Work closely with the Operations team to verify the spaceplane performance and characteristics from flight testing
- Create and manage aerodynamic datasets and tools.