Senior Electronics Engineer (Space Launch)
Dawn Aerospace is looking for a senior and experienced engineer to be responsible for our Spaceplane flight systems. Make no mistake, this role does not require you to have previous experience in the aerospace industry. Instead, we are looking for someone with strong first principles understanding of electronics and are deeply engaged with the systems that they have previously worked on. Proven experience in hiring and managing an agile team in a collaborative environment would be hugely in your favour.
The person will be collaborating with various sub-teams to design and implement robust electronics from high level requirements, all the while contributing to our goal of achieving scalable, accessible and sustainable spaceflight.
What you will do:
- Translate engineering requirements and specifications into high quality, well-tested, electronic systems
- End-to-end ownership of electronics systems – from specification through design, prototype, validation, and manufacturing
- Design circuit boards for a breadth of applications, including digital, analogue, mixed signal, and power electronic systems
- Design quality and robust embedded software for microcontrollers and flight computers
- Work alongside engineers from a variety of disciplines
- Coordination with component suppliers
- Clearly document and present designs at various stages of completion
- Systems engineering, to ensure that all requirements are met, while other systems are not negatively impacted
- Production of flight hardware, prototype development, selection of vendors and production methods
- Support design reviews and mentorship for junior engineers
- This role may require travel domestically and internationally
Looking for more information or if you think you have what it takes, have a look at our Careers page: www.dawnaerospace.com/spacelaunchjobs