Senior Flight Test Engineer (Space Launch)
Our Mission - to fly to space twice in a day.
This is a substantial, complex project and we are looking for an experienced flight test engineer to lead and support spaceplane flight test operations, verifying full system and operational capabilities.
What you will do:
- Lead and support all Dawn Aerospace Space Launch Programme flight test operations.
- Work closely with multi-disciplined design engineers, project managers, and flight crew to conduct safe and effective ground and flight test operations.
- Define test objectives with an emphasis on safety and efficiency.
- Develop and document flight procedures for multiple remotely piloted vehicles, including mission control procedures.
- Author, review, and maintain test documentation such as ground and flight test plans, test cards, emergency response plans, and risk/hazard assessments.
- Author, review, and maintain operational documentation such as flight manuals, maintenance manuals, and SOPs.
- Liaise with stakeholders, including regulators, on operational matters affecting certification of unmanned aircraft flight test operations.
- Co-ordinate with aerodrome operators, airspace users, emergency services, and other stakeholders in the aviation system, fostering relationships with all.
- Co-ordinate supporting resources for ground and flight test operations.
- Collect, process, and communicate test data to design engineers.
- Support the certification team on regulatory matters.
- Provide advice to the Space Launch Programme team on all spaceplane operational matters.
- Travel, as required, to conduct flight test operations.
Looking for more information or if you think you have what it takes, have a look at our Careers page: www.dawnaerospace.com/spacelaunchjobs