We are a leading company in the aerospace industry, specializing in the design and manufacturing of space systems. Our team is made up of highly skilled professionals who are passionate about creating innovative solutions that push the boundaries of space exploration. We are currently seeking an Electronics Assembler to join our team.
Job Summary: As an Electronics Assembler for Space Systems, you will be responsible for the assembly of electronic components and subsystems for our space systems. You will work closely with our engineering team to ensure that all components are assembled to the highest quality standards and meet the rigorous requirements of the space environment.
- Assemble electronic systems, including printed circuit boards, modules, and subsystems, using hand and power tools.
- Follow assembly instructions, engineering drawings, and schematics to ensure the accurate assembly of electronic components.
- Test and troubleshoot assembled systems to ensure they meet technical requirements and quality standards.
- Install, configure, and maintain electronic systems for satellites and other space vehicles.
- Collaborate with engineers and other technicians to identify and solve technical problems.
- Adhere to safety and quality standards, including ESD protection measures.
- Document assembly processes and procedures, including test results and quality control data.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of assembly processes and procedures, including identifying opportunities to reduce waste, improve efficiency, and enhance quality.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proven experience in electronic assembly, preferably in the aerospace/ defence industry or similar field.
- Familiarity with electronic assembly tools and equipment, including soldering irons, wire strippers, and technical measuring equipment.
- Knowledge of electrical and electronic systems, including circuit design and troubleshooting.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and schematics.
- Understanding of ESD protection measures.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
If you are passionate about space exploration and have a strong background in electronics assembly, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Dawn Aerospace is a space transportation company with a purpose. Our mission is to enable the next generation of space users by providing sustainable and scalable ways to access and move around in space. We believe this access, in the form of a transportation network, will fundamentally change what’s possible from space.
We’re the fastest-growing supplier of green propulsion for satellites in the world. Our turnkey systems utilise safe, readily accessible fuels. We have an ever-growing amount of hardware in space having launched on the world’s busiest rideshare missions, flying on Falcon 9, Soyuz and Vega rockets.
We're also continuously working on cutting-edge R&D programmes. We’re building a spaceplane, the Mk-II Aurora, which will be the first vehicle in the world to fly to space and back again twice in a day. Mk-II takes off and lands on a runway, combining the performance of a rocket with the rapid reusability and economic model of an aircraft. Mk-II is a technology demonstrator for the Mk-III which will ultimately fly satellites, enabling an entirely new way to access space.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Dawn is decided based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any other manner.
Dawn Aerospace is an Accredited Employer with Immigration New Zealand.
Important! If you think you have what it takes but are unsure that you check every box, we still want to hear from you.
Something looks off?