Business Development Intern
We are looking for an enthusiastic business development intern to be part of a small yet high-performing team. In this internship, you will collaborate directly with Dawn's global BD team, delivering in-depth business intelligence of satellite propulsion and rocket launch industries, and supporting them with sales and rapid execution. You will have a fine eye for reading between the lines to not provide just generalized information but deliver distilled, insightful, and valuable market insights.
Your contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our knowledge of customer groups, competitors, market development, and the overall value chain. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in the growing new space industry, preparing you to enter any fast-paced hi-tech work environment.
- Business intelligence on the global in-space propulsion and launch markets, including:
- The market - bottom-up market sizing, trends, regulatory changes, and ensuring our finger is on-the-pulse
- Customers - what is important to them, constellation plans, satellite type and use-case, development stage, funding available, and their organizational structure
- Competitors – their USPs, price points, current/target customers, organizational structure, funding, and other relevant insights.
- Support the BD team in the preparation of sales proposals, grant applications, and presentations
- Current enrollment in a related Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel - analyzing spreadsheets and charts
- Familiarity with marketing and sales computer software and online applications (e.g. CRM tools, online analytics, and market research tools)
- Excellent communication skills
- A background in aerospace engineering
- Graphic design skills - the ability to design and deliver beautiful and engaging presentations
About Dawn Aerospace
Dawn Aerospace is a space transportation company with a purpose.
Our mission is to enable the next generation of space users by providing more sustainable and scalable ways to access and move around in space. We believe this access, in the form of a transportation network, will fundamentally change what’s possible from space. We currently focus on two areas of space transportation:
- In-space propulsion
We're a leading supplier of turnkey green propulsion systems for various classes of satellites. Our system utilise safe, accessible propellants and we have over 50 of these propulsion units on 12 operational satellites already. A further 200 units are in production.
- Space launch
Our Mk-II Aurora spaceplane demonstrator has completed 50 successful flights and we recently completed the first campaign utilising rocket engines. Mk-II is unique in that it combines the performance of a rocket and the rapid reusability and economic model of an aircraft.
Our international teams are distributed across three locations: New Zealand, the Netherlands, and the USA.
Something looks off?