Propulsion Analyst, In-Space Propulsion
We are looking for an exceptional Propulsion Analyst with a practical, can-do attitude to join our in-space propulsion team. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for the analysis by simulation and optimisation of propulsion systems for satellites.
You will see your work go from initial design, all the way to space.
We move fast, provide exceptional customer experiences, deliver what we say we will, and love to change industry norms. Join us.
- Analysis by simulation and validation of Dawn's satellite propulsion systems
- Support engineering teams in the design of propulsion subsystems including liquid rocket engines, propellant tanks, and ancillary systems
- Develop and execute CFD methodology and workflow to efficiently simulate and validate systems and components
- Work with test engineers and third party collaborators to develop validation test data for simulations
- A masters degree or PhD in aerospace, mechanical, or chemical engineering
- Fundamental understanding of turbulent reacting flows, heat transfer and thermodynamics
- Demonstrable experience working on rocket propulsion problems
- 5+ years experience conducting complex CFD simulations - including combustion modeling, multiphase flows, conjugate heat transfer analysis and implementation of user-defined functions
- Expert user of Ansys CFD codes or OpenFOAM
- Proven oral and written communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and engineering professionals
- The ability to take a flexible approach and to adapt to change quickly and positively
- Effectively and appropriately balance performance, resource use, risk, cost, and schedule
- Familiarity with infinitely fast / finite rate combustion models
- Knowledge of key principles of injector design
- Demonstrated experience with Matlab or Python
- Computer-aided design, preferably Solidworks
- Understanding of principles of combustion
- Awareness of simulation validation requirements
- Practical testing experience of rocket engines
If you think you have what it takes but are unsure that you check every box, we still want to hear from you. Your ability to creatively solve complex challenges and practical experience in designing/building/coding technology tops specific qualifications or tools.
About Dawn Aerospace
We are a purpose-driven company focused on delivering real solutions to current problems while building in the key ingredients of long-term success - reusability and sustainability. Our long-term vision shapes how we act, build teams, and treat each other. With the long term always in mind, we make decisions that benefit us all.
We are developing vehicles to provide responsive, reusable, and low-cost space flight. The current single/low-use rockets for small satellite launches are expensive and infrequently available, and we believe that our vehicles will fundamentally change that.
As a leading provider of green propulsion systems for CubeSat, ESPA, and ESPA Grande-class satellites, we possess space-heritage and an understanding of how to achieve challenging engineering – one step at a time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Dawn is decided based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any other manner.
Dawn Aerospace is an Accredited Employer with Immigration New Zealand.
Something looks off?