Production Test Engineer
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in your next role?
At Basis, our purpose is to radically accelerate the clean-energy revolution - starting with smarter, safer, and more efficient homes. We’re focused on improving experiences for people through the application of technology, data, and a deep understanding of human behaviour.
Why? As a society, we need to decarbonise and accelerate the transition to alternative energy sources. Existing solutions are expensive and disparate, with limited functionality.
Basis is driven by purpose, real innovation, and ambition. We have a talented team spread across New Zealand, with a creative space by the beach in Takapuna, and a Design Lab in Christchurch where our physical products come to life. We're more than happy to take on someone who wants to work remotely from a different location across New Zealand too, or wants to relocate.
We recently closed our Series A capital raise, so we're well-funded and ready to grow. Our team is smart, curious and has some big goals - so if you’re interested in joining a fast-growing and startup that is design-led and puts people at its core, then we’d love to hear from you!
We're also currently in stealth mode, so check out our website and we'll share more with you during the recruitment process 😁
We're looking to grow our Production Test capability with our first Production Test Engineer role. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Test Engineer to grow an entire capability within the business. You'll be helping us to extend our capabilities with your excellent skills and experience. We are building our first prototypes and need to scale our manufacturing and production testing as we head towards our first-generation product.
Some of the things that you might be involved in include:
- Working with design chapters (hardware, mechanical, embedded) to determine what features need to be tested at different stages of the production process to ensure the products have been built according to specification
- Developing resource and time-efficient strategies for rapidly implementing scalable and sustainable production test infrastructure.
- Designing test equipment to test according to specifications
- Making production test equipment, including: mechanical components/assembly; electrical components/connections; connections to sensors and data capture hardware; and writing code/UI to operate the test equipment/procedures.
- Manufacturing (or manage the outsourced manufacturing) of test equipment
- Commissioning specialist test equipment at Contract Manufacturers
- Being the primary support person for factory testing in production, responsible for ensuring equipment is robust, maintained and upgraded as required in order to maintain uptime
We think you’ll be a fit for this role if you possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in production/manufacturing test engineering in an electro-mechanical products industry
- Strong understanding of safety standards and regulations as applied to a production environment to keep production operators safe
- Experience with Python and NI Teststand (or similar) as well as 3D CAD programs and electrical/electronic circuit design
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with keen attention to detail
- Strong communication and collaboration skills enabling you to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise tasks effectively
- Experience working with external vendors/suppliers to leverage capabilities and source components
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet ~ 60% of the job criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to apply only when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but are not sure you check every box, we still want to hear from you 🙌
- A competitive salary and employee share scheme (ESOP)
- A remote-first culture - work from home or come into the office, it's totally up to you
- Unlimited annual leave so that you can take the time that you need to re-energise
- Tools of trade, including laptop and headphones, and we also pay your phone bill!
- Flexible hours - we focus on effort and outcomes, so adjust your hours around your children, hobbies, or other commitments
- A schedule of fun team events throughout the year (ziplining, knife throwing, lawn games, what's next?)
- Office dogs
- Access to Clearhead, our well-being programme which gives you 5x free sessions with a psychologist per year
- A $200 one-off payment towards your home workstation
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion: Pride Committee, DEIB Committee, EEO Policy and well-being strategy!
- The opportunity to learn and develop from some of the best and brightest minds in the industry!
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote