Expressions of Interest - Engineering Contractors
At Basis, our purpose is to radically accelerate the clean-energy revolution - starting with smarter, safer, and more efficient homes. We’re focused on improving experiences for people through the application of technology, data, and a deep understanding of human behaviour.
Why? As a society, we need to decarbonise and accelerate the transition to alternative energy sources. Existing solutions are expensive and disparate, with limited functionality.
Basis is driven by purpose, real innovation, and ambition. We have a talented team spread across New Zealand, with a creative space by the beach in Takapuna, and a Design Lab in Christchurch where our physical products come to life.
We have just closed our Series A funding and are powering forward as a business towards our next big milestones! Our team is smart, curious and has some big goals - so if you’re interested in joining a fast-growing and startup that is design-led and puts people at its core, then we’d love to hear from you!
We're also currently in stealth mode, so check out our website and we'll share more with you during the recruitment process 😁
At Basis, we have an iterative culture that is focussed on continuous improvement to ensure we reach our goals at lightening speed! Our workload can be unpredictable, and this means we utilise contractors to support us through peaks as we establish our longer-term requirements. We are looking to streamline this process further by sourcing a skilled pool of contractors who we can reach out to with work opportunities when they are available.
The types of roles and contract support we may be looking for are as follows:
- Embedded Engineering - support with Embedded Software Development from those skilled in both Linux + Go OR Embedded C
- Mechanical Engineering
- Verification Engineering - any contractors who have proficiency in test engineering would be welcome, but our preference is for those with hardware testing experience in electronics, embedded/firmware, or systems engineering with experience in requirements traceability.
- Systems Engineering
- Electronics Engineering or ASIC Development experience
- Project Management - specifically related to the development of complex, safety-critical hardware products
We appreciate our needs are niche and quite specific to the above branches of engineering. They are ad hoc at this stage, but are likely to increase as we move further into 2023/2024.
Please note: our preference is for Christchurch and Auckland locations only. We are not considering anyone without NZ work rights as this is a contract role.
We think you’ll be a fit for this role if you:
- Ideally, have at least 8+ years work experience in an Engineering company
- Have senior-level experience within the above fields ONLY and have previously contracted
- Have experience working in agile methodology and are comfortable with a highly asynchronous environment
- Possess strong communication skills and are capable of working with ambiguity, and wrestling with uncertainty
Some nice to-haves include:
- A fully equipped work from home set-up
This is a great opportunity to work for a start-up company that is attempting to create a best-in-class product development team.