Global Workplace IT Lead - Auckland
At Auror, we’re empowering the retail industry to tackle theft and Organised Retail Crime, a $150 Billion problem globally. It’s high volume crime that’s increasingly organised in nature and is putting people, retailers, and communities at risk every day.
Founded in New Zealand 11 years ago, we’re working with some of the best and largest retailers in the world across the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK.
Auror is connecting people and intelligence to reduce crime. We’re using technology for good.
In partnership with our leading retail partners, we need people with the passion, determination, and innovation required to overcome one of the world's largest problems. If you’re looking to make a difference with and for the people dedicated to stopping crime, for good, then we want you on our team.
This is an important role that takes ownership of our internal IT systems and processes and plays a supporting role in implementing and maintaining our internal Business, Engineering, & Security practices.
This role partners closely with People Experience (PX) to ensure the processes and communications developed by Workplace IT & Security are high quality and support providing exceptional experiences to our people.
It’s important that the person in this role has a pragmatic approach, knows what great looks like and is keen to build this out further at Auror as we scale.
Some of the responsibilities of this role include:
Modern Information Technology
- Leading a team through technical and thought leadership practice.
- Provide vision and direction for global deployment of technologies and practices.
- Cultivate a pervasive security-conscious culture, ensuring best practices are embedded throughout IT operations through initiatives aimed at business system effectiveness, compliance, security, and creativity.
- Oversee and streamline service desk operations, ensuring timely and effective resolution of issues and top-tier customer service.
- Diagnosis and resolution of computer hardware, software, network, SaaS applications such as Google Workspace, Slack, etc.
- Managing physical access solutions and Software & Hardware Asset Management, administrative controls including remote solutions.
- Evaluate tooling and procedures, managing hardware and advance current implementations with the partnership with the operations and Security teams.
- Responsible for effective preparation, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of site IT hardware, software, Networking, Cloud Services, AV systems, and communications.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution via telephone, email, and using remote assistance where needed.
- Assist in building mature onboarding and offboarding of Team members/contractors while offering excellent communications that enhance our new hire experience.
- Lead efforts to provide company wide IT resources to Auror’s to ensure they have the technological resources and knowledge of how to use those resources.
- Builds relationships and works with internal customers to ensure solutions are technically sound, issues are identified and resolved, and projects are delivered within budget and on-time
You will be reporting to Scotland Symons, Director of Information Security
Scotland has been working in the technology & Security industry for the last twenty years and has worked for Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, and a few more. Coming to Auror from the US she runs the security team at Auror focusing on all of our efforts to secure the platform, code and efforts to protect Auror and its customers.
Security for me is about critical thinking and flexibility, Security is also not linear and requires lots of exploration and through good iteration driving towards the goal of good architecture. I try to weigh the needs of immediate action with long term Security & Engineering efforts while weighing the need of keeping the business going. The role of Information Security can sometimes be stressful especially in times where there is an incident and so I try to approach things with deep honesty as well as levity. I always keep failure in mind but don’t look at it as a dead end but rather an opportunity to learn how to get up and keep going. Check out my LinkedIn here.