Executive Assistant - Auckland
At Auror, we’re empowering the retail industry to reduce theft and Organised Retail Crime, a $150 Billion problem globally. It’s high-volume crime that’s increasingly organised in nature and it is putting people, retailers, and communities at risk every day.
Founded in New Zealand 11 years ago, we’re working with some of the best and largest retailers in the world across the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK.
Auror is connecting people and intelligence to reduce crime. We’re using technology for good.
In partnership with our leading retail partners, we need people with the passion, determination, and innovation required to overcome one of the world's largest problems. If you’re looking to make a difference with and for the people dedicated to stopping crime, for good, then we want you on our team.
This is a fantastic high-impact role that is designed to enable our CEO (primarily) and the Executive Team to do their best work, every day.
As Auror scales, we have a desire to be “better with scale”, and to do that, we need people who are dedicated to improving the effectiveness of our people, processes and ways of working. That’s why you’ll be part of our epic People Experience team.
In this role, you will support a positive, caring, and high-performing leadership team. This team includes:
- Phil Thomson - Co-founder & CEO
- Tom Batterbury - Co-founder & Chief Strategy Officer
- Annemaree Shaw - Chief Financial Officer
- Tanya Johnson - Chief Product Officer
- Rhod Thomas - Chief Customer Officer
- Kirsti Grant - Chief People Experience Officer (who you will report to).
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Proactive Support: Anticipate and support the CEO and Executive Team (Mission Control) needs before they arise, ensuring a smooth and efficient experience for anyone you are supporting.
- Travel Coordination: Manage complex travel itineraries, accommodations, and logistics, adapting quickly to last-minute changes.
- CEO Calendar Management: Maintain and organise a dynamic schedule, balancing priorities and ensuring the CEO is well-prepared for each engagement.
- Communication: Draft and edit emails, messages, and presentations, with exceptional attention to detail and a strong understanding of the CEO's voice.
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities to improve systems and processes, consistently seeking ways to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Talent + People Experience (PX) + Workplace Experience (WX) Coordination: Support the PX + WX team with a variety of tasks that support the Auror team and our candidate experience.
- Culture Champion: Represent Auror’s Guiding Principles and culture, serving as a trusted representative in all interactions, internally and externally.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Exceptional written communication skills, with the ability to craft polished and impactful messages. The cover letter you provide will be used as a consideration and supporting document for us to assess this competency.
- The ability to build strong and trusted relationships across the company.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, solve problems, and navigate challenges independently.
- A learner attitude. You’re always ready to take on new challenges and responsibilities.
- A strong level of comfort with technology, particularly the Google Suite, and Slack. You will be a quick learner of new systems.
- A positive attitude that thrives in a fast-paced environment, and you are able to pivot and adapt to changing priorities seamlessly.
We are looking for people who demonstrate a strong alignment to our Guiding Principles (you can find these on our Careers page).
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Auror’s guiding principles, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness at Auror, regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
What are the benefits like?
- Competitive salary range: Depending on level of experience, the salary band could be between $70,000 - $130,000 (IC2 or IC3 in the Auror Progression Framework)
- Employee share scheme: You’ll own part of a company making a real difference!
- Flexibility: We are hard-working and outcome-focused, but recognise there is more to life than work. We promote a healthy work/life blend.
- Shorter work weeks (at full pay): Everyone gets Friday afternoons off, so you can start your weekend early, and do more of whatever it is that makes you happy.
- Focus on mental and physical health: We understand how vital our health is and have policies to support your wellness, including: Wellness Days, and up to three expert sessions paid for every year.
- Family-friendly: We offer comprehensive parental leave and benefits for primary and non-primary caregivers, including a baby bonus and meals delivered to your door.
- Personal growth: We support our team to participate in courses, conferences, or events that will help them develop their skills.
- Team love: We have regular team lunches and social events where most (if not all) activities are during work hours.
What are the next steps?
If you’re excited about our mission and you have experience and a passion for this role, please hit “Apply” below. We’re proud that Auror is a place where everyone can learn and grow. So if you’re not sure that you tick all the boxes but feel you’re close to what we’re looking for, please apply anyway as we’d love to hear from you!
Once you apply, you’ll hear from us to acknowledge your application. If you have questions about any of the above, or if you have any accessibility requirements, we’ll be able to help you from there.