Director Customer Success - North America
At Auror, we’re empowering the retail industry to reduce theft and Organized Retail Crime, a $100 billion problem globally. It’s high-volume crime that’s increasingly organized in nature and puts people, retailers, and communities at risk daily.
Founded in New Zealand, we’re working with some of the best and largest retailers in the world across Australasia, North America, and the UK.
Auror connects people with intelligence to reduce crime. As a company, we’ve built a high-performing, positive culture that provides an inclusive environment for a diverse team. If you’re excited about reducing crime and building safer communities, we want you on our team.
About Customer Success at Auror
At Auror, we owe our success to our partnerships with our customers, our efficiency in delivering leading-edge products and services, and our organizational processes. We are proud to set the standard for success in our industry globally, and you can learn more about our approach here.
The Director of Customer Success role will lead our Customer Success leaders and their teams in North America to ensure successful adoption, customer retention, and expansion of our customer base. This role will be pivotal in building strong relationships with our customers, maximising those relationships to lead the customer towards proactive engagement. The ideal candidate will have excellent leadership, communication and organizational skills. They will work closely with the North American leadership team and play an important role in shaping Auror’s growth and success in this market.
Objectives of this Role
- Recruit, train, and lead a high-performing customer success function.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, accountability, and continuous learning within the team.
- Set clear performance expectations and provide coaching and mentorship to support the teams growth and development.
- Define key metrics and benchmarks to measure the effectiveness of customer success initiatives and our contribution to Customer Success objectives globally
- Identify areas for improvement and proactively implement strategies to enhance the overall customer experience.
- Develop customer retention and expansion strategies to reduce churn.
- Collaborate with sales and account management teams to support upsell and cross-sell opportunities within the customer base.
- Proactively address customer concerns and escalate critical issues as needed to ensure timely resolution.
- Leverage customer success stories, testimonials, and referrals to promote our brand and strengthen our market position.
- Partner wtih our Director of Global Customer Success to continue building our world-class teams delivering industry-leading partnership
- Act as the voice of the customer within the organization, advocating for their needs and influencing product roadmap decisions.
- Collaborate with marketing teams to develop customer advocacy programs and initiatives.
- Represent Auror at industry events and conferences, and participate in thought leadership initiatives to help continue building Auror’s reputation in the market.
You will be reporting to Bobby Haskins, VP of Retail Partnerships - North America
I am a former airline pilot turned retail and asset protection professional, it’s been an amazing career journey! I am currently the VP of Retail Partnerships - North America for Auror, I joined the team almost five years ago. Prior to joining Auror I spent 10 years with Target Corporation in Store Operations and Assets Protection. I get excited about working with people who love to solve complex problems, are customer focused, and want to help the AP/LP industry innovate. Outside of work I am a Dad of two awesome children and I love spending time with my family. We love Colorado and all the outdoor activities this beautiful state provides!
As our Director of Customer Success - North America, you will have:
- Proven multi-year experience in customer success leadership, with a track record of proactive customer satisfaction and retention
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate teams to achieve their goals both personally and professionally
- Experience in recruiting roles at all levels across Customer Success
- Passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion and creating a safe and inclusive work environment
- Proven ability to work at all stakeholder levels, internally and externally including executive and senior management in large retail organizations
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity - we operate in a dynamic way which means priorities and pace can change accordingly. You need to be able to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency and support rapidly changing business demands
We are looking for people who demonstrate a strong alignment to our Guiding Principles (you can find these on our Careers page).
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Aurors guiding principles, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness at Auror, regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
What are the benefits like?
- Competitive salary Range: Depending on the level of experience of $150,000 - $180,000
- Employee share scheme: You’ll own part of a company making a real difference!
- Flexibility: We are hard-working and outcome-focused but recognize there is more to life than work. We promote a healthy work/life blend.
- Shorter Working Week: Everyone gets Friday afternoons off, so you can start your weekend early and do more of whatever makes you happy.
- Focus on mental and physical health: We understand how vital our health is and have policies to support your wellness, including: Wellness Days, and up to three expert sessions paid for every year.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision). Auror covers 100% of the cost of your health insurance plan with United Healthcare & Metlife.
- Family-friendly: We offer primary and non-primary caregivers comprehensive parental leave and benefits.
- Personal development: We support our team to participate in courses, conferences, or events that will help them be relentless about improvement.
- Team love: We have regular team lunches and social events where most (if not all) activities are during work hours.
- Making an impact: You’ll work to solve interesting problems and help us keep communities safe.
If you’re excited about our mission and you have experience and a passion for this role, please hit “Apply” below.
We’re proud that Auror is a place where everyone can learn and grow. So if you’re not sure that you tick all the boxes but feel you’re close to what we’re looking for, please apply anyway as we’d love to hear from you!