Senior Product Manager
At Auror, we’re empowering the retail industry to reduce theft and Organized Retail Crime, a $150 billion problem globally. It’s high volume crime that’s increasingly organized in nature and is putting people, retailers, and communities at risk every day.
Founded in New Zealand, we’re working with some of the best and largest retailers in the world across Australasia, North America, and the UK.
Auror connects people with intelligence to reduce crime. As a company, we’ve built a high-performing, positive culture with a focus on providing an inclusive environment for a diverse team. If you’re excited about reducing crime and building safer communities, for everyone, then we want you on our team.
Taking the lessons learned from our customers, the police and the industry overall, we built a new, easy-to-use, high performing, and scalable platform to take Auror to the rest of the world. We’re now building on this foundation and have big plans for the future.
As a company we’re all actively collaborating to make our product exceptional and we’re looking for someone to come in and work with our product, UX, design, engineering, and QA teams to evolve the Auror platform to better meet the needs of our current and future customers.
We’re a growing company so in this role you can expect your day to day to include;
- Working with customers and users to ensure we understand the problems they’re facing, and sharing that context with the work stream/s you look after
- Exploring and experimenting to maximise the impact the work we do has on solving customer problems
- Diving into the detail of the work the work stream/s you support are doing all the way from discovery to delivery and post-release analysis
- Working with other Product Managers, Designers, Software Engineers, and QA, to clearly define epics / features / user stories
- Collaborating with key partners to manage roadmaps for the workstream/s you look after that support our wider company goals
- Being a key driver and motivating the work stream teams you look after to ship value frequently
- Measuring impact of changes made once in the hands of users, and iterating to maximise value
In your first 90 days you’ll be tasked with developing a thorough understanding of the market we work in, and getting a good big picture of where we’re heading. You’ll need to have a clear view of the problems to be solved, and the current scope, but also a good understanding of the things that are still unknown. There will be lots of finer details to dig into so you will be spending time researching and refining.
This role reports to Heather Legg, Director of Product
I stumbled into Product after 5 years in market research, user research roles and analytics. I quickly found Product Management to be the happy place in my venn diagram; an overlapping of being able to learn deeply about other people and their lives, with the creative juice and excitement of being able to create awesome things. This drive to understand and create is a pattern I see in many things that energise me; at home it's being channelled through my dog Emmie, who I'm adamant about training into a super-dog. In my hobbies it comes through in my love of discovering and creating new and interesting foods. At work it comes through in a passion to make products that solve real problems in a way that sparks excitement in our users.As a general rule I am most animated when I'm problem solving surrounded by kind and ambitious people, and what better place to do it that than at Auror. We have a team of superstars who are empowering retailers and Police globally to stop crime, for good. You can check out my LinkedIn here.
To ace this role you will;
- Have a highly collaborative approach and enjoy mentoring other members of the team
- Be deeply curious about the wider Auror experience and how it fits into the loss prevention landscape
- Have experience using data to drive areas of improvement and product strategy
- Be customer obsessed and can effectively define the discovery we need across a range of product areas to answer questions that will help us solve the right problems at the right time
- Be familiar with working with software development teams and running SaaS projects;
- Be comfortable talking to customers and stakeholders;
- Have an ability to see the problem to be solved without immediately jumping to a solution, and to share context with the team so that all possible approaches can be surfaced;
- Be pragmatic, with an understanding and appreciation for working in an ever changing environment;
- Have exceptional organisational and analytical skills, along with attention to detail.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are looking for people who demonstrate a strong alignment to our Guiding Principles (you can find these on our Careers page).
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Aurors guiding principles, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness at Auror, regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
- Competitive salary range: Depending on level of experience - $130,000-$165,000NZD
- Employee share scheme: You’ll own part of a company making a real difference!
- Flexibility: We are hard-working and outcome focused, but recognize there is more to life than work. We promote a healthy work/life blend.
- Shorter Work Weeks: Everyone gets Friday afternoon’s off, so you can start your weekend early, and do more of whatever it is that makes you happy.
- Mental and physical health: We understand how vital our health is and have policies to support your wellness, including: Wellness Days, and up to three expert sessions paid for every year.
- Family friendly: We offer comprehensive parental leave and benefits for primary and non-primary caregivers.
- Personal development: We support our team to participate in courses, conferences, or events that will help them be relentless about improvement.
- Team love: We have regular team lunches and social events where most (if not all) activities are during work hours.
- Making an impact: You’ll work to solve interesting problems and help us keep communities safe.
Next Steps :
If you’re excited about our mission and you have experience and a passion for this role, please hit “Apply” below.
We’re proud that Auror is a place where everyone can learn and grow. So if you’re not sure that you tick all the boxes but feel you’re close to what we’re looking for, please apply anyway as we’d love to hear from you! Once you apply, you’ll hear from us to acknowledge your application. If you have questions about any of the above, or if you have any accessibility requirements, we’ll be able to help you from there.