Sales Engineer - Satellite Propulsion & Launch
We don’t know what the future of the space industry holds, but it’s going to be bright. Every week we see new companies coming to market, using space-based technology in new and exciting ways we had never imagined before. What we do know is that our industry is at the same inflexion point the internet was back in the 90’s – dial-up. And the bedrock of all future technologies is mobility.
Dawn Aerospace was founded to redefine near-space transportation. Redefine how we deliver assets to space, position satellites on orbit and return things down to Earth. To enable the vibrant and circular space economy of the future, we must build scalable, accessible and sustainable spaceflight technologies. Technologies that are sustainable for not just the foreseeable future, but the unforeseeable future.
As a Sales Engineer you will be responsible for selling green satellite propulsion systems and commercial launch services to new and existing customers.
Dawn Aerospace is recruiting a Sales Engineer to join our team in the Netherlands. Dawn Aerospace is developing world leading propulsion technology and reusable launch vehicles. Innovative design and state-of-the-art additive manufacturing techniques allow for unprecedented capability for the rapidly growing space industry.
In this role, you will help shape the future of spaceflight and will contribute to the success of reusable launch vehicles.
Dawn is looking for highly skilled team members keen to work in dynamic and challenging environments. You will be given ownership of goals from start-to-finish. You must have the ability and desire to work in a young company. If you want a smooth and routine role, this is not for you. We believe in giving you the tools you need, then getting out of your way.
As part of your daily job you will develop the sales team, reseller relationships, distribution channels, manage an extensive sales pipeline, apply for public funding, and build strategic business relationships with key institutional and enterprise decision makers.
- Expand Dawn’s market position by locating, developing, negotiating and closing business deals
- Help close new business by integrating technical, legal and operational requirements
- Help develop sales strategies for the institutional and commercial markets
- Execute pre-qualification due diligence of new sales opportunities and evaluate the financial and strategic benefit to Dawn Aerospace
- Interface with the engineering team and work with both technical and business counterparts at the customer
- Support RFI, RFP and RFQ efforts by writing business proposals
- 2+ years’ experience in selling complex solutions including hardware in the space market.
- Experience in building long-term customer relationships.
- Experience in leveraging public-private partnership programs.
- Effective in communicating with engineers, managers, and executives.
- Ability to work under pressure and being able to work in a fast-paced and changing work environment.
- Equipped with a strategic outlook, tactical capability and good negotiating and closing skills.
- Fluency in English. Additional languages including French, Italian and Spanish are a plus.
- Experience with government grants such as Horizon Europe and Callaghan innovation.
- Experience with tender procedures of ESA, NASA or similar.
- Familiar with CRM systems.
- Experience with MS office suite.
Apply for this Job
If you think you have what it takes but are unsure that you check every box, we still want to hear from you. For any questions you might have before applying or if you would like to have a general conversation about Dawn Aerospace, you can contact our Recruiter, Anna Thouvenin at email@example.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Dawn Aerospace does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, our employees, or any other company location. Dawn Aerospace will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.