Intern - Test engineer for Space Propulsion components
For our Space Propulsion Department, we are looking for an enthusiastic intern with a combination of a practical can-do attitude and critical thinking skills. The primary project for the candidate will be to assemble and commission a material characterization test bench for additively manufactured tank components.
Afterwards, parts have to be tested on this test bench. There is also the possibility to perform other qualification tests on space components.
This role is based in Delfgauw, The Netherlands, and will require you to be present at the office most of the time. The duration of the internship is 4-6 months.
- Assemble and commission an already designed test bench for long duration exposure tests of metal alloys under a high-pressure atmosphere, according to ECSS/ISO standards.
- Perform material characterization tests on above mentioned test bench and tensile tests.
- Create documentation on performed tests.
- Perform qualification tests on other space propulsion components, from setting up requirements to designing, ordering and executing the tests (optional, if time allows)
Current enrolment in an engineering related BSc or Msc program
Experienced with high pressure fluid systems, including feed systems, sealing techniques and handling safety
- Not afraid to do both theoretical and practical tasks
- Capable to work effectively autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
It would be great if you are:
- Accustomed with material science and additive manufacturing
- Experienced with material testing, e.g., tensile testing
- Experienced with computer-aided design, preferably SolidWorks
- A problem-solver and able to take ownership of a project
If you think you have what it takes but are unsure that you check every box, we still want to hear from you. If you have any questions before applying or would like to have a general conversation about Dawn Aerospace, you can contact our Recruiter, Anna Thouvenin at email@example.com.
About Dawn Aerospace
Dawn Aerospace is a space transportation company with a purpose.
Our mission is to enable the next generation of space users by providing more sustainable and scalable ways to access and move around in space. We believe this access, in the form of a transportation network, will fundamentally change what’s possible from space. We currently focus on two areas of space transportation:
- In-space propulsion
We're a leading supplier of turnkey green propulsion systems for various classes of satellites. Our system utilise safe, accessible propellants and we have over 50 of these propulsion units on 12 operational satellites already. A further 200 units are in production.
- Space launch
Our Mk-II Aurora spaceplane demonstrator has completed 50 successful flights and we recently completed the first campaign utilising rocket engines. Mk-II is unique in that it combines the performance of a rocket and the rapid reusability and economic model of an aircraft.
Our international teams are distributed across three locations: New Zealand, the Netherlands, and the USA.
To all recruitment agencies: Dawn Aerospace does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, our employees, or any other company location. Dawn Aerospace will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.