Director of Retail Solutions - North America
At Auror, we’re empowering the retail industry to reduce theft and Organized Retail Crime, a $150 billion problem globally. It’s high volume crime that’s increasingly organized in nature and is putting people, retailers, and communities at risk every day.
Founded in New Zealand, we’re working with some of the best and largest retailers in the world across Australasia, North America, and the UK.
Auror connects people with intelligence to reduce crime. As a company, we’ve built a high-performing, positive culture with a focus on providing an inclusive environment for a diverse team. If you’re excited about reducing crime and building safer communities, for everyone, then we want you on our team.
The RoleWe are seeking a Director of Retail Solutions to drive growth in our North American market. This role will be focused on selling our SaaS retail crime intelligence platform by developing new prospects, and progressing Enterprise level prospects through our sales process. You will report directly to the VP of Retail Solutions - North America, and work alongside our Marketing, Partnerships and Customer Success team to grow our customer base. The core focus of this role is to drive growth in our retail market in North America. To do this successfully, you will be:
- Delivering the strategy, plan, and supporting structure to win retailer business across North America.
- Identifying new sales opportunities and building partnerships with AP/LP leaders and senior retail leaders in North America. This includes presenting to potential customers on the value of Auror and clearly articulating and demonstrating the value and return on investment (ROI) vs. technical functionality.
- Driving the entire sales process from prospecting through to opportunity development and deal closure, to post-sale kick-off with our Retail Partnerships and Customer Success team.
- Collaborating with our Marketing, Partnerships and Customer Success Teams to deliver an end-to-end, seamless customer experience from initial interaction to implementation.
- Play an active role in supporting the retail industry, and actively promote and position Auror for success within our targeted industry sectors
You will be reporting to Terry Sullivan, VP of Retail Solutions, North America
I spent 25+ years working for two major retailers in the US in various LP/AP leadership roles both on the east and west coast. Had an opportunity to lead the educational efforts of the Loss Prevention Foundation prior to coming to Auror. I have a passion for people and a passion for winning! When not working you will find me with my family and friends, traveling to a sporting event or playing a round of golf on the weekends. Check out my Linkedin profile here.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to design and execute on sales plans.
- Proven ability in identifying and solving business problems with customers.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, organisation and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building strong relationships at all stakeholder levels.
- Self-motivated to maintain regular contact and partnership with prospects and internal teams.
- Analytically strong, and able to build and execute strategy around key prospects with a data-informed and outcome-focused mindset.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. We operate in a dynamic way which can mean priorities and pace can change accordingly.
- Willingness to travel for regular customer meetings and events when scheduled.
- Understanding of the retail and LP landscape, and if you don’t, you’re interested in learning all about it.
We are looking for people who demonstrate a strong alignment to our Guiding Principles (you can find these on our Careers page).
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Aurors guiding principles, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness at Auror, regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
- Competitive market base salary: Depending on level of experience - $130,000-160,000USD
- Employee share scheme: You’ll own part of a company making a real difference!
- Flexibility: We are hard-working and outcome focused, but recognize there is more to life than work. We promote a healthy work/life balance.
- Mental and physical health: We understand how vital our health is and have policies to support your wellness, including: Wellness Days, and up to three expert sessions paid for every year.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision). Auror covers 100% of the cost of your health insurance plan with United Healthcare & Metlife.
- Family friendly: We offer comprehensive parental leave and benefits for primary and non-primary caregivers.
- Personal development: We support our team to participate in courses, conferences, or events that will help them be relentless about improvement.
- Team love: We have regular team lunches and social events where most (if not all) activities are during work hours.
- Making an impact: You’ll work to solve interesting problems and help us keep communities safe.
If you’re excited about our mission and you have experience and a passion for this role, please hit “Apply” below.
We’re proud that Auror is a place where everyone can learn and grow. So if you’re not sure that you tick all the boxes but feel you’re close to what we’re looking for, please apply anyway as we’d love to hear from you!
Something looks off?